The Racking Foreman is responsible for leading proper layout, assembly, installation, and securing of
Photovoltaic mechanical racking systems either fixed or tracking in a utility scale setting. This person
will offer feedback during and at completion of job. Their key duty is leading installation but will also
assist in on-the-job training. Uses skills developed to work safely, efficiently, and correctly.
Duties And Responsibilities
1. Understands the project plans and specifications.
2. Understands this is a ‘working position’ and Leads by example to show that safety is the most important function,
ensuring that all employees follow safe practices while working.
3. Identifies potential schedule changes, workflow, and staffing issues for designated crew.
4. Plans, assigns, directs and oversees activities of designated crew to ensure that Inspection goals and objectives
of project or task are accomplished safely within prescribed time frame and contractual requirements.
5. Establishes and maintains a 3 week lookahead on a weekly basis
6. Completes daily Foreman Report, tracks and logs daily production and crew timesheets, verifies accuracy and
submits in a timely manner.
7. Trains employees on proper use of equipment, improving job performance, controlling cost and quality of work,
increasing productivity, improving communication and housekeeping on project.
8. Evaluates performance of employees and makes timely recommendations for promotions and disciplinary actions
as may be required.
9. Performs pre-task meetings with work crew to ensure safe work practices, procedures and hazards are identified
within the scope of the crew’s work assignment.
10. Enforces established job site policies, procedures, and standards of performance within boundaries of company
11. Exercises judgement and uses discretion to troubleshoot and problem solve issues as they may arise throughout
the course of the work.
12. Manages quality control program to ensure processes are implemented according to the design of the project and
13. Anticipates and solves problems.
The QC Foreman reports to the site superintendent/project manager, while working alongside solar installers, to meet
and exceed goals.
14. Basic skills and knowledge of construction quality control and quality assurance; Min. 4 years’ experience in
15. Must be a leader and have shown dependability as well as support for company policies.
16. Proficient Operator and trainer on the proper use of Pile Drivers (Vermeer and Turchi) and jobsite material
17. Proficient in assigned pile driving techniques for steel piles.
18. Able to take and follow instructions and/or direction from plans and supervisors.
19. Ability to read and interpret plans accurately. Ability to transfer plans into actual construction.
20. Strong organizational and problem solving skills. Must be a self-motivator and team participant.
Education And Experience
Valid Driver's License
Proof of Citizenship
24. Ability to communicate orally with management and other co-workers.
25. Ability to work outside in hot and cool weather.
26. Hearing and vision within normal ranges is helpful for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information,
and to read plans/documents.
27. Heavy lifting of 50-60 pounds is required. Exertion of up to 75 lbs. of force occasionally may be required.
28. Good manual dexterity for the use of common mechanical tools.
The Racking Foreman job is performed mostly outdoors and on the construction site, but may include some indoor
work. Activities include extended periods of standing, kneeling, and lifting. Must be able to access rooftops, including
stairs, ladders, and lifts. Work environment may change from day to day depending on projects and tasks being
accomplished. Personal protective equipment (PPE) may be required including hardhat, gloves, safety glasses, and
foot protection. May be required to travel and/or work out-of-town for extended periods of time.