Project Managers organize and monitor the building of projects. Their primary goal is to
complete the projects on time, on budget and to an acceptable standard. They are also
responsible for supervising and managing the entire construction process. The PM is in
charge of and responsible for the project contract, scope of work, project budget and
construction schedule. They resolve building site issues and provide project reports during
the construction phase. Construction Project Managers promote health and safety
standards on their work sites. They also monitor workers to maintain these standards
throughout the construction process.
Duties And Responsibilities
1. Builds lasting relationships with all team members by acting with the highest level of ethics,
integrity, and professionalism.
2. Develops trust and confidence through support, open and frequent communication.
3. Defines and understands owner’s needs and expectations to ensure the success of the
4. Works collaboratively and effectively with other Project Managers throughout the project.
5. Participate in onsite meetings with Owners, Superintendents, Sub-contractors, Tenant
Construction Representatives, and County/City Officials.
Schedule and Cost Control:
6. Determines and follows the schedule for completion of a project to meet scheduled
completion dates and budgets determined by contractual scope.
7. Tracks and maintains construction schedule to achieve completion of project within time and
within the budget allocated, while taking into consideration manpower, equipment, and tool
8. Reviews and approves Superintendents daily schedule updates.
9. Reports any project delays through formal procedures and notification policies.
10. Initiates change orders, or written changes in scope to necessary parties.
11. Understands, follows, and promotes jobsite and company policies and procedures.
12. Completes daily work on various phases of the project and takes ownership of work.
13. Delegates work and responsibility appropriately and keeps team members accountable for
14. Participates in weekly coordination meetings with subcontractors as necessary
15. Learns to review contract documents (plans, specs, shop drawings, and manufacturer’s
installation instruction) to assist in quality control
16. Regularly inspects work being performed on the project to ensure quality is being
17. Sets performance expectations of all team members and subcontractors.
18. Manages site mobilization activities specific but not limited to temporary facilities,
temporary utilities, and mobilization of equipment and materials.
19. Manages all job closeout activities that include billing, punch list items, and post project Lessons
20. Review and approval of project purchase orders per the purchase order policies and
Daily duties may include reviewing daily reports, JSA’s, SOP checklist, code and approve invoices.
Weekly duties may include verification that checklist have been submitted, submit expense reports,
verify field time entries, update project schedule, validate project budget and report discrepancies, and
complete look ahead schedule.
The Project Manager reports directly to the Director of Construction and works side by side in making
J&B Solar a world class EPC known for on-time, high quality project delivery.
Verifiable skills, knowledge, and success managing a construction operation; 6 + years’ experience.
21. Proven ability to lead teams and motivate, coach and develop employees.
22. Working knowledge of construction practices in solar with an emphasis on mechanical installation
23. Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration (BA) or Construction Management (CM) preferred.
24. Strong organizational and problem-solving skills. Must be a self-motivator and team participant.
25. Proficient in Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PPT, and Outlook
Education And Experience
26. Valid Driver’s License
27. Proof of Citizenship
28. OSHA 30
29. Ability to communicate orally with management and other co-workers.
30. Ability to work outside in hot and cold weather.
31. Hearing and vision within normal ranges is helpful for normal conversations, to receive ordinary
information, and to read plans/documents.
32. This is a part time traveling job and will require up to 50% travel.