The D&P Superintendent's job is to run the drilling and pile driving day-to-day operations and
activities. The Superintendent is responsible for all aspects of this scope which include the
schedule, 2 week look ahead, all equipment, all assigned personnel, customer notifications and
site interactions. The role of the superintendent also includes important quality control and
subcontractor coordination responsibilities. It is common for most finance-related tasks (especially
labor and material cost control) and long-term scheduling to be handled by a project manager. The
project manager and superintendent need to cooperate and share control effectively.
Superintendents are stationed on the construction site, while project managers are usually based
in the contractor's office with part-time on site responsibilities. The Superintendent represents J&B
in all customer interactions and scheduled site meetings.
Duties And Responsibilities
1. Senior Field Leader on the project site responsible for all Drilling and Pile scopes.
2. Reports to coordinates with the Project Manager and project teaml daily.
3. Submits Daily Field Report.
4. Coordinates with customer and other trades for optimal installation quality, cost and schedule.
5. Determines work areas and staging sites for all material.
6. Orders all of the Equipment and consumables needed to perform the designated scopes.
7. Responsible for training all drilling and pile associated teams onsite.
8. All work is to be in accordance with building code as well as local and state building codes. All work must be
performed in a safe manner and meet any OSHA or other safety regulations.
9. Other duties as directed.
The D&P Superintendent reports to the Director of Construction, while working alongside solar installers, to meet and
10. Adavanced skills and knowledge of drilling and pile installation; Min. 5 years’ experience in related field.
11. Must be a leader and have shown dependability as well as support for company policies.
12. Able to take and follow instructions and/or direction from plans and supervisors.
13. Ability to read and interpret plans accurately. Ability to transfer plans into actual construction.
14. Strong organizational and problem-solving skills. Must be a self-motivator and team participant.
Education And Experience
15. Valid Driver's License w/clean driving record.
Drilling & Pile
16. Proof of Citizenship
17. OSHA 30
18. First Aid/CPR/AED
19. Ability to communicate orally with management and other co-workers.
20. Ability to work outside in hot and cool weather.
21. Hearing and vision within normal ranges is helpful for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information,
and to read plans/documents.
22. Heavy lifting of 50-60 pounds is required. Exertion of up to 75 lbs. of force occasionally may be required.
23. Good manual dexterity for the use of common mechanical tools.
The D&P Superintendent job is performed mostly outdoors and on the construction site, but may include
some indoor work. Activities include extended periods of standing, kneeling, and lifting. Must be able to
access rooftops, including stairs, ladders, and lifts. Work environment may change from day to day
depending on projects and tasks being accomplished. Personal protective equipment (PPE) may be
required including hardhat, gloves, safety glasses, and foot protection. May be required to travel and/or work
out-of-town for extended periods of time.