The Construction Manager provides management oversight for all phases of the construction
projects assigned, including coordinating workers, material, and equipment, ensuring that plans
and specifications are being followed; work is proceeding on schedule, within budget, and all
work is conducted in a safe and professional manner. Monetary success or failure is the CM’s
responsibility outside of inaccuracies in the cost estimate.
Duties And Responsibilities
1. Manages all construction on-site, no matter what phase we are involved in
2. He/she reports to the Project Manager on a daily basis through a Daily Job Report. He/she, in
turn, supervises all Superintendents and Foremen on site. These relationships ebb and
flow—depending upon the size of the project as needed.
3. The Superintendent reports to the Construction Manager when applicable (whether pile,
mechanical, and/or module installation)
4. The Construction Manager is responsible to adhere to all Safety Protocols as mandated by the
Safety Officer and is the first point of contact to the Owner and/or General Contractor
contracting with J&B Solar.
5. It is the Construction Manager’s responsibility to conduct him/herself in a professional,
6. The Construction Manager is responsible for attending the daily site morning meetings.
7. Relays all communications necessary to his/her field staff
8. Dispatches Superintendents and Field Personnel as necessary to achieve the goals set by the
Project Manager for the day and/or week based on production or lack thereof
9. Responsible for the Daily Field Report (DFR)
10. Rectifies and solves any problems on a daily basis
11. The Construction Manager is the go-to point for problems, safety, personnel, and
Daily duties may include reviewing daily reports, JSA’s, SOP checklist, code and approve invoices.
Weekly duties may include verification that checklist have been submitted, submit expense reports,
verify field time entries, update project schedule, validate project budget and report discrepancies, and
complete look ahead schedule.
The Construction Manager reports directly to the Director of Construction and works side by side in
making J&B Solar a world class EPC known for on-time, high quality project delivery.
Verifiable skills, knowledge, and success managing a construction operation; 6 + years’ experience.
12. Proven ability to lead teams and motivate, coach and develop employees.
13. Working knowledge of construction practices in solar with an emphasis on mechanical installation
14. Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration (BA) or Construction Management (CM) preferred.
15. Strong organizational and problem-solving skills. Must be a self-motivator and team participant.
16. Proficient in Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PPT, and Outlook
Education And Experience
17. Valid Driver’s License w/clean driving record
18. Proof of Citizenship
19. OSHA 30
20. CPR/First Aid/AED
21. Ability to communicate orally with management and other co-workers.
22. Ability to work outside in hot and cold weather.
23. Hearing and vision within normal ranges is helpful for normal conversations, to receive ordinary
information, and to read plans/documents.
24. This is a part time traveling job and will require up to 90% travel.